Indonesia - Sumatran Jungle Wildlife Trek
Incredible 9 Day Sumatran Jungle Wildlife Trek Package Including All Meals & Accommodation – Just $383 Per Person!
Walk Through Lush Rainforest & Spot Wild Orangutans, Sumatran Tigers, Rhinos, Elephants, Sun Bears, Clouded Leopards & More in Their Natural Habitat! Plus Visit an Orangutan Feeding Platform, Explore Local Villages, Go Tubing on Bohorok River & So Much more! Includes All Meals & Water on Your Trek, and 3 Nights’ Hotel Accommodation in Bukit Lawang, Hotel Transfers & National Park Permit Fees!
- Unforgettable 9 Day Sumatran Wild Orangutan & Tiger Trek Package with Expedition Jungle - only $383 per person!
- Stamped with our Travel Money-Back Booking Guarantee! See fine print for details*
- Experience the incredible jungle that is home to Orangutans, Sumatran Tigers, Rhinoceros, Elephants, Malayan Tapir, Sun Bears, Bornean Clouded Leopards and stunning birds and butterflies!
- Includes private return transportation from Medan to Bukit Lawang and the starting point of the expedition
- 3 nights' hotel accommodation in Bukit Lawang
- Plus National Park permits and ALL food and water during your trek
- Highly experienced and licensed tour guides at each location
- Explore the traditional Sumatran village of Bukit Lawang
- See adorable Orangutans in their natural habitat at Gunung Leuser National Park
- Enjoy watching the park rangers feed the semi wild Orangutans that have been rehabilitated into this area
- Regular wildlife spotting opportunities as you trek through the lush jungle for 6 days!
- Learn traditional jungle survival skills and discover medicinal uses for native plants
- Take an exhilarating ride on inner-tube rafts on the Bohorok River plus LOADS more
- Check out the complete exciting tour itinerary!
- Buy as many Scoopons as you like
- Buy a bunch and share the amazing experience with friends
- Book with confidence: Scoopon Pty Ltd is a licensed travel agent. Licence no: TA-0033067
- Valid for the following tour departure dates: 2013 - 25 October, 22 November, 13 December. 2014 – 24 January, 21 February, 21 March, 25 April, 10 May, 27 June, 22 August, 26 September, 24 October, 21 November
- *Scoopon Booking Guarantee: If you’re unable to secure your preferred dates within 14 days of the deal closing; we’ll refund you in full. Evidence of attempted booking must be sent to Scoopon within this 14 day period. See our general terms and conditions for full details.
- Sturdy walking boots or shoes required plus sports sandals or flip flops for river walking, sheet or light weight sleeping bag, optional ground/inflatable mat, insect repellent & trousers (not jeans).
- An average to high level of physical fitness is required for this expedition. Conditions can be hot in a tropical, rainforest climate.
- Scoopon valid for 1 person. Multiple Scoopons redeemable per booking.
- Scoopons available in your account & bookings taken immediately after purchase. Subject to availability. Scoopons for this offer are limited. Booking changes/cancellations not permitted – your Scoopon will be voided.
- Itinerary may vary according to weather conditions
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. See smarttraveller.gov.au.
- Airfares not included
- Scoopon Terms & Conditions are located at scoopon.com.au/terms-and-conditions.
Deal Code: 50728
- Bookings essential. Email email@example.com with preferred travel date, contact details and Scoopon number.
- Book early to secure your desired date
- Present printed Scoopon on arrival to Expedition Jungle Tour Guide
It’s about time you took a trip to visit some of your relatives overseas. Not grandma in England or that uncle in Italy – we’re talking about some of the relatives in Sumatra that all humans share, orangutans!
During your nine day trek through the jungle home of these beautiful animals, you might just be able to see first-hand why scientists believe we share at least 28 unique physical characteristics with orangutans (compared to only two with chimps)!
As well as meeting, greeting and feeding some of our closest animal relatives, your Expedition Jungle trip will include key human survival skills like building camps, starting fires and discovering and preparing native fruits, vegetables and fish in the rainforest.
Remember to keep your eyes open and your camera at the ready while in Gunung Leuser National Park which is also home to Sumatran Tigers, Elephants, Gibbons, Tapirs, Sun Bears, Clouded Leopards and more.
Expedition Jungle was founded in 2006 and is a locally based organisation that offers a high standard of sustainable tourism within this area. Their tours provide a 'once in a lifetime' experience for you while preserving the quality of the environment on which local communities and wildlife depend.
Expedition Jungle is a first class company and I don't recommend them highly enough. Clare is very efficient in organising all the details for the trip. The guides were all great and made our 5 nights in the jungle very comfortable. – Kael, TripAdvisor.com
Booked a six day trek to see the wild orang-utans and wasn't disappointed… you come across fabulous wildlife including gibbons (although very quick to move), monkeys, lizards, snakes and birds! – Judy, TripAdvisor.com
14-Day North to South Vietnam Tour
Take in the seaside, countryside and bustling cities of Vietnam with this unforgettable tour!
7-Day China Tour with Flights
Includes return flights, hotel accommodation, comfortable transportation, some meals & more!
Save on Saigon St Vietnamese, Bali
Take your seat at Saigon Street, a Balinese icon located in the bustling heart of Seminyak!
10 Day South to North Vietnam Tour
Package includes hotel stays, meals, domestic flight, transfers, entry fees & more!
9-Day China Tour with Flights
Discover Beijing and Shanghai with a comprehensive itinerary and package of comforts!
17-Day Europe Tour Pkg with Flights
Discover Vienna, Budapest, Prague, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Paris, Amiens and London!
Bali White Water Rafting Adventure
Raft down the rivers, rapids and lakes of Ubud or Rendang on a spectacular adventure!
15 Day India Tour w/ Hotel Stays
Featuring iconic sights and secret wonders - don't miss out!
Perisher Trip with Lift Tickets
Carve up the slopes at Perisher, Australia's favourite ski resort!