Wellness Deals - Massages are just the beginning
Get up to 70% off. New offer daily with Scoopon
Every day you’re hustling at work and trying to fit in quality time with your family and friends, but when was the last time you committed to some self-care? Thankfully, taking some time out of your busy schedule for yourself doesn’t have to put a strain on your bank account. Save up to 70% on massage packages and wellness deals in Melbourne with Scoopon and let all those worries simply melt away!
Massage Types and Benefits
- Sports massage: Whether you’re a pro athlete or just starting to get that bod moving again, sports massage can be incredibly beneficial for recovery, using deep, slow kneading strokes to stretch tight muscles and relieve soft tissue pain. As a result, you’ll enjoy increased endurance, better performance, a lower risk of injury and a shorter recovery time.
- Relaxation massage: A relaxation massage is any massage that uses light, soothing strokes to calm your mind and body. It often involves Swedish massage techniques, namely long, kneading strokes and rhythmic tapping to relieve pain and ease stress. If you’re lucky, your therapist may incorporate aromatherapy (the use of essential oils) to help deepen your relaxation even further!
- Hot stone massage: As if a relaxation massage wasn’t blissful enough, a hot stone massage amps up the tranquillity (and the benefits) even more. Your therapist will place small, flat, heated stones (usually basalt, a volcanic rock) along your spine, stomach, chest, face, palms, feet and toes as they massage your body, improving tension relief, reducing stress and even promoting sleep.
- Remedial massage: Is your body feeling out of whack but you can’t pinpoint why? Sounds like you’re in need of a remedial massage! Perfect for knotted, tense muscles, this popular therapy is used to find and treat sore, achy parts of the body with varying levels of pressure. You’ll walk out with improved circulation, better joint mobility and less pain. Win, win, win!
- Deep tissue massage: This misunderstood but incredibly beneficial massage technique involves the application of firm pressure and slow strokes to target deeper layers of the muscles, treating strains, sports injuries and significantly reducing musculoskeletal pain. While you may experience some discomfort during the massage, remember you can always ask your therapist to adjust the pressure to suit your comfort level.
No matter which style of massage you’re after, we’ve got you covered with our huge range of massage offers in Melbourne!
Essential oils have been used in massage therapy for thousands of years and are renowned for their physiological and emotional benefits. During aromatherapy massages, your therapist will assess your current physical and mental state, then create a blend based on your needs.
Some of the most popular essential oils and their benefits include:
- Lavender: Traditionally, lavender essential oil is used to naturally reduce anxiety, treat insomnia and relieve pain.
- Frankincense: Known for its powerful anti-inflammatory properties, frankincense essential oil is a favourite among those affected by arthritis and gut conditions like Crohn’s disease.
- Eucalyptus: Cold and flu season is when eucalyptus essential oil really comes into its own as a natural decongestant, perfect for silencing coughs and clearing the sinus.
- Tea tree: Also known as melaleuca, tea tree essential oil has powerful antibacterial and antifungal, making it a popular treatment for skin ailments, acne and dermatitis.
- Peppermint: Not only is peppermint essential oil also a powerhouse during cold and flu season, it’s also a natural energy booster.
- Lemon: From relieving morning sickness and nausea to boosting mood and reducing stress, lemon essential oil is a great all-rounder.
Reckon you could use some of these benefits right now? Take advantage of our aromatherapy massage offers and give your mind and body the care it craves.
Melbourne Pamper Packages
Feel like a little more than just a massage? Choose from heaps of pamper packages for the ultimate bit of ‘me time’, combining full-body massages with all sorts of beauty treatments, from nourishing facials and foot spas to body scrubs and more.
Don’t want to go it alone? No worries! There are plenty of couples pamper packages all over the city (and beyond!) that are ideal for bringing along your partner or best friend for the most relaxing bonding experience ever. From hidden gems in the suburbs to some of the CBD’s most luxe hotel day spas, we’ve made it our mission to bring you the hottest wellness offers.
Day Spa Etiquette Tips
Now that you’ve locked down a great deal, it’s time to brush up on your day spa etiquette so your session of bliss goes down as smoothly as a glass of Shiraz.
- Shower before your appointment: This is as much for your therapist’s comfort as it is for you own, and many day spas have their own facilities for you to use. After all, it’s much nicer to massage a clean, fresh body than one that’s just been to the gym!
- Arrive early: If you’ve purchased a package, remember that your treatment time may not include getting changed and ready for your appointment. Try to arrive about 15 minutes early to prepare and relax.
- Switch off your phone: No one wants their relaxing massage or blissful facial interrupted by that pesky message notification! Turn your phone off, or at the very least, switch it to silent – not vibrate.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions: It’s natural to be a little nervous the first time you visit a spa, but the staff are only there to help you feel comfortable. If you have any questions about your treatment, go right ahead and ask – you’ll be happy you did.
Remember, the next time you’re in need of a bit of pampering, we've got everything from quick lunch break massages in the city to long and luxurious day spa packages to truly treat yourself for an afternoon. Just make sure you act fast – these offers won’t last long!