Wellness Deals - Massages are just the beginning
Get up to 70% off. New offer daily with Scoopon
Daily life is increasingly stressful, which is why self-care is so important! Treat yourself to some well-deserved 'me time' with a massage at one of Sydney’s hottest day spas with Scoopon and save up to 70%!
Working at a desk, working out in the gym, socialising on the weekends...you’re always on the go, right? Sometimes you need to give your mind and body a break. Allow yourself to bliss out with a little help from Sydney's pampering experts.
Massage Types and Benefits
- Sports massage: You don’t have to be a pro athlete to benefit from a sports massage - even casual gym-goers can feel the difference! Sports massages can assist in recovery, improve endurance and performance, plus reduce your future risk of injury by using deep, slow kneading strokes to stretch tight muscles and relieve soft tissue pain.
- Relaxation massage: Calm your mind and body with a relaxation massage, which uses blissfully light, soothing strokes to help you unwind. Your practitioner may also employ Swedish massage techniques, such as long, kneading strokes and rhythmic tapping to relieve pain and reduce stress. Want to deepen that relaxation even more? Opt for an aromatherapy relaxation massage and experience the benefits of healing essential oils.
- Hot stone massage: Take that serenity to the next level with a hot stone massage and discover why generations swear by it! During your session, small, flat, heated stones (usually basalt, a volcanic rock) will be placed along your spine, stomach, chest, face, palms, feet and toes. Your therapist will use the stones to massage your body more deeply than a relaxation massage, relieving pain, reducing stress and aiding with insomnia.
- Remedial massage: Feel like something’s a bit ‘off’ in your body but can’t figure out why? A remedial massage could be just what you need! Ideal for working out those knots and relaxing tense muscles, this massage style is used to pinpoint and treat pain with varying levels of pressure. Afterwards, you can expect to feel a reduction in pain, increased circulation and better mobility. Score!
- Deep tissue massage: Using firm pressure and slow strokes designed to target deeper layers of the muscles, deep tissue massages work wonders on strains, sports injuries and musculoskeletal pain. You may experience a little tenderness during your session (don’t worry, short-term pain for long-term gain!) so be sure to communicate your desired level of pressure to your therapist.
No matter what massage technique you’re after or what problem you’re targeting, Scoopon has just what you need with our massive range of relaxing massage and pamper packages in Sydney.
When it comes to massages and relaxation, there’s nothing quite like aromatherapy to kick your bliss up a notch. Used in massage therapy for millennia, essential oils are becoming increasingly popular thanks to the host of physiological and emotional benefits they have to offer. During an aromatherapy massage, your therapist will create a personalised essential oil blend based on your needs.
Some of the most commonly used essential oils and their benefits include:
- Lavender: Perhaps the most popular essential oil, lavender essential oil is traditionally used to reduce anxiety, treat insomnia and relieve pain.
- Frankincense: A powerful anti-inflammatory, frankincense essential oil is commonly used to target arthritis and gut conditions like Crohn’s disease.
- Eucalyptus: Want to reduce congestion, silence that cough and clear your sinus? You can’t go past eucalyptus essential oil, the cold and flu superhero!
- Tea tree: With its powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties, tea tree essential oil (a.k.a. melaleuca) is often used to treat a number of skin ailments, including acne and dermatitis.
- Peppermint: In addition to eucalyptus, peppermint essential oil works wonders cold and flu season. It’s also a natural energy booster!
- Lemon: The ultimate all-rounder, lemon essential oil is used for everything from relieving morning sickness and nausea to reducing stress and improving mood.
Let’s face it, we could all benefit from some essential oils right now! Discover their power for yourself with our aromatherapy massage offers and give your wellbeing a well-deserved boost.
Sydney Pamper Packages
And as if that’s not tempting enough, make sure to check out our indulgent pamper packages, which combine relaxing full body massages with all sorts of facials, body scrubs, Vichy showers, scalp massages, foot spa treatments and more.
Our massage packages also make for the perfect gift to show your love and appreciation for that special someone in your life. While you’re at it, why not upgrade to a couple’s massage and bring your partner or best mate along and bliss out together? Looking for a unique hen’s night idea? Why not spend the day being pampered with your girl gang before hitting the town?
Day Spa Etiquette Tips
So, you’ve scored the perfect pamper package. Great! But before you head in for your relaxation session, how about we brush up on some day spa etiquette?
- Shower before your appointment: For your own comfort as well as that of your therapist, hop in the shower for a quick rinse. Regardless of whether you’ve come from the office or the gym, it’s nicer for everyone this way, and many day spas offer their own showering facilities for you to use.
- Arrive early: Keep in mind that your blissful pamper package probably doesn’t include time for getting changed and ready for your appointment, so aim to arrive about 15 minutes early so you can prepare and relax.
- Switch off your phone: Imagine having your beautiful massage or facial interrupted by that annoying message tone. Irritating, right? Avoid any unwanted disturbances by turning your phone off or to silent, making sure vibration is off, too.
- Ask questions: First time visiting a spa, or perhaps trying a new treatment? Nerves are totally normal! It’s important to remember that the staff are there to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Have a question? They’ll be happy to answer you’ll be glad you asked.
From talented suburban massage therapists to some of the city’s most luxurious hotel day spas, our Sydney massage offers make it easier (and more affordable!) than ever to get away from daily worries – if only for an hour or two. Remember, our deals run for a limited time only, so make sure you don’t miss out!